The Absurd Epistolary Adventures of the Astonishing FartMan chronicles the amusing escapades
of the lovable, stinky, and obnoxious Cape & Tights Super Hero, and his maudlin Alter Ego, W____,
as they learn to cope with Stage IV colon cancer, each other, and their annoying fellow human beings.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just Because I'm Crying

From: W____
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2010 11:19 AM
To: JMH
Subject: Happy Birthday to Me!

Hey J_______,

I just now opened my present from you and your mom. A New Kindle! How COOL!!!! I feel so cutting edge! And it will be great to be able have all the classics at my fingertips!

Your card touched me deeply. You understand things so well. I feel like you know what we're going through, and that lets me know we aren't going through it alone. Of course, your message brought some tears to my eyes, but--as I tell your mom--just because I'm crying that doesn't mean I'm sad.

Love,
W____

No comments:

Post a Comment